ON DOWNLOADING FIRMWARE/STOCK ROM PACKAGES MANY TIMES YOU GET A SINGLE FILE AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT [ MOST OF THE TIMES HAPPENS WITH sammobile.com ]...
THIS TUTORIAL WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO CONVERT THAT ONE SINGLE FILE INTO 3 DIFFERENT ODIN FLASHABLE FILES...
Since Galaxy Y has been released, there are several firmware files available from different sources, eg. sammobile and etc... But most of these firmware packages (which are original unmodified Kies FUS files) are useless for us, because Odin is not able to flash these files. The reason is, the available file is not a standard tar file, it's headers are corrupted. Finally I found the method to split the files.
The app converts the original files (which can be downloaded form the FUS server or from sammobile or other sources) to Odin ready 3 files tar pack.
The app useful for Samsung Galaxy Y (S536x, B551x, S6102), new Galaxy Ace (S5830i), Galaxy Pop Pro or Mini Plus or whatever it's name (S5570I)
Download it form here:
SplitFUS2 for Windows (requires Cygwin)
Unpack the whole pack to a working directory, and start it from command line!
By flashing an improper firmware pack you may potentially risk the health of your phone. Do it on your own risk only!
I won't take responsibility of any damage done to your phone.
Required components under Cygwin/Linux
tar, md5sum, zip (infozip) [CHECK THE VIDEO TUTORIAL IF YOU CAN'T GET THIS]
- automatic conversion of one-file FUS tar.md5 files to three-files tar.md5 packed into zip
- automatic readme.txt creation
- sbl skipped by default, can be included by "-s" command line switch (see #2 for info)
- '-w' switch to generate "wipe" pack [too] (user data will be eleminated by flasnig the wipepack)
- '-a' switch, not to delete the work folder - useful for ROMmmers to examine and extract the image files
- '-k' switch for create Odin flashable stock kernel file only
- '-t' switch for skip the md5sum checksum, and create .tar files
Supported models (please report if not listed!)
tested and NOT supported (yet, sorry):
- Start Cygwin terminal in Windows.
- Unpack the whole archive including the _base folder into your work folder (eg into Win: C:\Cygwin\home\username\splitfus)
- Put your source Samsung FUS file (one file *.tar.md5) into the work folder
- List help by: ./splitfus2 -h
- Launch according to your needs, eg ./splitfus2 -w S5360DDLC2_S5360ODDLA2_S5360DDLC2_HOME.tar.md5
g:\SplitFUS2>splitfus2.exe -a -k S5360XXLA4_S5360DBTKK1_S5360XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5
SplitFUS2 by Doky v2.00.120425GA
[*]Leaving work folder as is
[*]Exctracting kernel image only
Processing file: S5360XXLA4_S5360DBTKK1_S5360XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5
Temporary workfolder: S5360_XXLA4\
[ sbl.bin ] --- Size: 1306624 bytes
[ BcmCP.img ] --- Size: 11534336 bytes
[ boot.img ] --- Size: 4501504 bytes
Packing kernel image
Now creating the kernel pack
Output file: Kernel_S5360_XXLA4.tar.md5
VIDEO TUTORIAL COMING UP SOON --- :)